Thursday, 4 November 2010

From the sofa.

I'm flaring and it hurts. My rashes are getting worse, my joints are swollen and are refusing to do what I want them to do, and I'm spending a lot of time on the sofa.

I haven't flared like this for nearly a year, and definitely not since starting my treatment. The hardest bit? Having to accept that I've taken about 10 steps back. I have to take my time doing the simple things like showering, eating and especially trying to walk anywhere. I'm not as able as I was even last week.

As a result, I've moved onto the sofa. I've got everything I need close by: my Macbook, phone, Wii remotes for when the brother wants to play some Mario Galaxy, my copy of War and Peace that I'm now 400 pages into, iPod, head pads and hot water bottles, and, most importantly, painkillers.

It's hard and it's lonely. My parents are working and my brother isn't alway here. My friends have their own lives so I can't expect them to drop everything to come and listen to me ranting about how awful it all is. Anyway, it gets boring for them hearing the whole thing all over again.

And it's time to sleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment