Thursday, 17 November 2011

Ode to Celebrex

I've been threatening to write one for ages, but I've never gotten around to it! The same goes for the Ode to Cyclizine, that wonderful little tablet.
Both have made things so much easier, especially recently. I spoke of my chest infection a while back and, maybe it's a lupus thing or it's an antibiotic thing, I felt sick. It'd been happening for weeks before the infection and I'd put it down to a change in my antacids. It'd gotten to the point where I was losing weight from not being able to eat and then the antibiotics got added in there too. Bring on the cyclizine! It's the most wonderful anti-sicknes tablet ever, and I've tried them all, believe me!

So, yes, my 'flare'. It's not a flare in the official sense of the word in that the only evidence of it is that my joints hurt and I'm a lot tireder. No swelling, no real changes in rashes and definitely no change in bloods. But, strangely enough, there's enough swelling for the wonder drug Celebrex to take effect. It's an NSAID. It's wonderful. My slightly high temperature is now normal, my slight swelling has been mostly reduced and pain levels. Well. Pain levels are still high, but at least I can now walk without screwing up my face in agony.

I love Celebrex. Always have and always will. The best bit is that it's the kindest NSAID I've ever had on my stomach. Yea, ok, I still feel sick but it's no worse off than I was before starting. Considering the last NSAID I ha before Celebrex resulted in a GI bleed, anything is better!

And, if anyone is wondering, the brother is still in ICU but is getting along nicely. He's got clothes on and is fighting with me so things are getting back to normal. But it looks like he's getting moved to the hospital down the road to us tomorrow.

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment